Advice for the public
- Be safe – plan ahead and follow any signs
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Protect plants and animals, and take your litter home
- Keep dogs under close control
- Consider other people
Advice for land managers
Know your rights, responsibilities and liabilities
- Where can people go on your land?
- What rules apply to people while they are on your land?
- What are your rights and responsibilities towards people on your land?
Make it easy for visitors to act responsibly
- How can you help people get access to your land responsibly and keep to the Countryside Code?
- What help and advice can you get?
Identify possible threats to visitors’ safety
- Are there any risks to the safety of people on your land, and how can you deal with these risks?