A short walk starts near this spectacular quarried limestone cliff formed on the Neath Disturbance at the head of the Vale of Neath.
OS grid ref SN 912079 (car park) to SN 920086
The walk runs beside the Sychryd to a view of the steep cliff known as Bwa Maen – a tight geological fold which gives it its Welsh name which means the ‘bow or arch rock’.
- Carboniferous Limestone, Twrch Sandstone (‘Basal Grit’)
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 231 ‘Merthyr Tydfil’
- Cafe in community hall at weekends
- Car parking at SN 912079
- Entry: free
- Flat; barrier free
- By car — beyond the end of the B4242
- By train — nearest stations at Neath and Merthyr Tydfil — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru