Ancient market town on the A40 where the Afon Bran and the Afon Gwydderig meet and flow into the River Towy. The Welsh name, Llanymddyfri means ‘church amongst the waters’
OS grid ref SN 765345
The remains of the castle beside the main car park are worth a visit as is the Tourist Information Centre nearby.
- Variety of building stones in use in walls and pavements.
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 230 ‘Llandovery’
- The National Park Authority sells a Walk Card – ‘Explore Llandovery’ for £1. There is also a town trail.
- Llandovery building stones Geotrail. (£1)
- Tourist Information centre
- Pay & display car parking
- Shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs
- Mostly flat within town
- By car — on A40
- By train — Llandovery station is on the scenic Heart of Wales Line — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru