A Natural Resources Wales visitor centre with waymarked trails through the woods.
OS grid ref SO 003131
Forestry plantations clothe the slopes of Cwm Taf in which sit three reservoirs supplying water to Cardiff .
- Carboniferous: Grey Grits & Plateau Beds formations
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 231 ‘Merthyr Tydfil’
- Leaflet available
- Café, toilets, children’s outdoor play area, picnicking
- Pay & display car parking at SO 003131
- Entry: free
- Easy-access trail provided beside streamway.
- By car — off A470 Brecon-Merthyr Tydfil road.
- By train — nearest mainline station is at Merthyr Tydfil 5 miles / 8km to south — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru; X43 service stops at Llwyn-onn (1 mile)
- By bike — 3 miles/5km from NCN8 (Taff Trail)