A place forever associated with the ‘Lady of the Lake’, this lonely body of water is set against the impressive backdrop of Bannau Sir Gaer.
OS grid ref SN 802217 (lake)
A four mile circular walk up a broad track from the car park to a classic glacial cirque beneath the westernmost of the high peaks of the Black Mountain.
- Old Red Sandstone (Devonian); Brownstones Formation, Plateau Beds Formation
- Glacial cirque & lake, glacial moraine
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 230 ‘Llandovery’
- Interpretive panel at car park
- Free car parking at SN 797238
- Entry: free
- Open country; continuous climb of nearly 250m / 800ft up a vehicular access track; mountain environment — take care!
- By road — minor road from Llanddeusant
- By train — nearest station at Llandovery — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru; nearest service is postbus 291 to Myddfai