There are walks and talks and other events to enjoy throughout the year in Fforest Fawr UNESCO Global Geopark organised by the National Park Authority Countryside Service and other organisations.
Events programme for 2017
Various events are taking place across the Geopark during the coming year – details will be posted here.
You may also be interested to know that:
- The Fforest Fawr Geopark Festival takes place in May/June each year with walks, talks and exhibitions. In 2017, it ran from Saturday 20th May through to Sunday 4th June. In 2018 it is scheduled for Saturday 19th May to Sunday 3rd June.
- The National Park’s events programme is packed with walks, talks and other events throughout the year, many of which take place within Fforest Fawr Geopark.
- Geology-themed walks are included in the programmes of both the Crickhowell Walking Festival (25 Feb – 5 March 2017) and the Talgarth Walking Festival (28 April – 1 May 2017), though most of those walks take place within the east of the national park, some are within the Geopark.
- The Brecon Beacons Park Society runs a year-round programme of events and groups such as Brecknock Wildlife Trust also offer a range of activities often centred around their reserves
- The South Wales group of the Geologists’ Association occasionally holds meetings within the Geopark too.
- The Welsh language natural history society, Cymdeithas Edward Llwyd runs events across Wales including a number in the vicinity of the Geopark.
Please note that the list above includes walks/events taking place in the Geopark but not being delivered by the National Park Authority. The National Park Authority is not responsible for the work of these other organisations so it is your responsibility to make sure that you are comfortable with the Health and Safety procedures before you participate in any of these.