Enjoy the Geopark safely!
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues, Fforest Fawr Geopark is open to visitors but your experience will be different from normal. We wish to keep visitors and local communities safe so please follow any rules which have been put in place at this time to ensure your safety and that of others.
We also wish to support local businesses who may be struggling in these times – please support them if you can do so safely.
Covid-19 information on other pages on this site has been placed on a coloured background to help you identify it.
- Countryside access: whilst parts of the Geopark and wider National Park were closed earlier during lockdown, all areas of countryside within the Geopark are now OPEN again.
- Car parks: almost all have re-opened. Please expect measures to be in place for your safety. This may mean reduced capacity, changes to opening hours etc. For those in Waterfall Country, please use the car park app to avoid visiting during the frequent busy periods.
- Toilets: some are open, many are not. Some sites have temporary facilities. Please take this into account when planning your visit! Phone ahead!
- Cafes, pubs etc: some have opened for business, others have not. The situation is in constant change – please make your own enquiries as to what facilities may be available.
- Social distancing remains important. Advice from Welsh Government remains that you should keep 2m distance from others who are not in your party.
- Washing your hands and wearing a mask continue to be useful means of controlling the spread of Covid-19 in particular circumstances.
- Follow the Countryside Code
- Welsh Government advice on Coronavirus
National Park Visitor Centre (‘Mountain Centre’)
- The car park is currently open daily between 10am and 4pm. Parking charges are currently set aside.
- Visitor information is available at an outdoor stall but the centre itself is closed.
- The tearooms are operating an outdoor service only.
- The shop is closed.
- Toilets are open.
Craig-y-nos Country Park
- The car park is currently open daily between 10am and 5pm.
- The grounds are fully open.
- The café is operating an outdoor service only.
- The craft studios are open but with safety measures in place.
- Toilets are open between 10am and 5pm.
Porth yr Ogof / Cwm Porth (in Waterfall Country)
- The car park is currently open but fills very quickly.
- Toilets are open.
- The shop is closed
- New parking restrictions in force on local roads.
- Use the car park app to avoid visiting during the frequent busy periods
Our advice is to avoid this area at the present. It has been experiencing very high numbers of visitors making it harder to follow the rules which are in place for your safety and that of others. If it feels too busy, then it is too busy! Use the car park app to avoid visiting during the frequent busy periods.
Find further information on visiting: