Following the First Minister of Wales’ announcement, a ‘short, sharp firebreak lockdown‘ was introduced across Wales from 6pm, Friday 23rd October to help regain control of coronavirus. This means that a series of restrictive measures is now in place for everyone for a 17 day period.
The National Park Authority confirms that it will not be closing any of the footpaths across the Fforest Fawr Geopark or wider Brecon Beacons National Park, however, for the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors the following locations will be closed:
- National Park Visitor Centre Libanus, café, toilets and shop.
- Craig y nos Country Park, Café, shops, toilets and car park.
- Cwm Porth, car park and toilets.
As per the Government guidance, exercise should only be taken from home, driving to exercise is not permitted. When exercising please ensure to respect social distancing, adhere to strict hand hygiene, keep dogs on leads and follow the Countryside Code.
Please #Stay home, #stay safe.
Covid-19 information on other pages on this site has been placed on a coloured background to help you identify it.
- Social distancing remains important. Advice from Welsh Government remains that you should keep 2m distance from others who are not in your party.
- Washing your hands and wearing a mask continue to be useful means of controlling the spread of Covid-19 in particular circumstances. Remember – wearing a mask in shops and other indoor public spaces is compulsory in Wales too.
- Follow the Countryside Code
- Welsh Government advice on Coronavirus
This page was updated on 23 October 2020