Abandoned limestone quarry workings just off the Brynaman to Llangadog road which are interpreted to the public.
OS grid ref SN 733187 (car park)
The site affords panoramic views over the western end of the Geopark. Abandoned quarry workings, pits and limekilns abound.
- Carboniferous: Lower Limestone Shale, Cil-yr-Ychen Limestone, Llandyfan Limestone, Upper Limestone Shale, Twrch Sandstone
- Old Red Sandstone (Devonian): Brownstones Formation
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 230 ‘Llandovery’
- Free car parking
- Entry: free
- Close to road, open country, mountain environment — take care!
- By car — on A4069 Llangadog-Brynaman road
- By train — nearest station is at Llangadog — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru; nearest services are to Brynaman and 280/281 through Llangadog