A bridleway leads steeply out of Glyntawe south of the River Haffes onto open limestone moorland.
OS grid ref SN 825180 (peat bog)
Upland peat bog below which is an extensive cave system. A little way further west is Sinc y Giedd where the upper Afon Giedd enters a system of caves.
- Quaternary: peat, cave development
- Carboniferous: Limestone, Twrch Sandstone
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 231 ‘Merthyr Tydfil’
- ‘Black to Green’ podcast
- Car parking at Craig-y-nos Country Park at SN 840155
- Entry: free
- Open country; steep, stony path; mountain environment — take care!
- By car — off A4067
- By train — nearest stations at Neath and Merthyr Tydfil — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru; 63 service (Stagecoach) stops at Glyntawe & Pen-y-cae