This spectacular waterfall, the highest in the Geopark, drops off the edge of the Farewell Rock into a wooded gorge.
OS grid ref SN 853119
The falls and car park are owned and managed by the National Trust.
- Carboniferous: Farewell Rock, Coal Measures
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 231 ‘Merthyr Tydfil’
- Audio trail for falls and Nant Llech.
- NT interpretive panel at car park
- Free car parking at SN 853121
- Entry: free
- Steep narrow paths; steep wooden steps; slippery rocks below waterfall
- By car — signed along minor roads from A4221 and A4067
- By train — nearest stations at Neath and Merthyr Tydfil — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru; 63 service (Stagecoach) stops at Glyntawe & Pen-y-cae
- By bike — use the section of National Cycle Network from Ystradgynlais to Coelbren