Popular country park developed by the Brecon Beacons National Park Authority around the River Tawe in the former grounds of Craig-y-nos Castle.
OS grid ref SN 840155
‘Changing Seasons’ tea rooms and restaurant open daily from 10 a.m.
Tea Room bookings: 07535 488009.
- Ice creams, teas and coffees.
- Locally prepared seasonal innovative menu.
- Alternative Sunday Lunch menu
- Local produce and crafts centre
- Friday and Saturday restaurant until 10.30 pm by booking in advance
Attractive location between the two limestone bluffs of Craig Rhiwarth and Craig-y-nos in the upper Tawe valley.
- Quaternary: river sands & gravels, glacial moraine
- Carboniferous: Limestone
- OS Landranger 160, Explorer map OL12
- Geological — BGS 1:50,000 sheet: 231 ‘Merthyr Tydfil’
- Leaflets available
- Pay & display car parking
- Toilets, vending machine
- Landscaped gardens, picnic facilities
- Entry: free
- Rock trail
- largely accessible
- By car — on A4067
- By train — nearest stations at Neath, Aberdare and Merthyr Tydfil — see Traveline Cymru
- By bus — see Traveline Cymru; 63 service (Stagecoach) stops at Glyntawe