Here are a few suggestions for places that you might like to visit in Fforest Fawr UNESCO Global Geopark.
- Castles and Crags: Carreg Cennen Castle and Garn Goch Iron Age hillfort
- Water and Woodlands, Tracks and trains: Garwnant Forest and Visitor Centre, Taf Fechan Forest
- Caves and kilns – delving into the wild: Craig-y-nos Country Park and Penwyllt
- Land of legends: Llandovery and Myddfai
- Waterfall Country – falls, ferns and faults: Pontneddfechan, Ystradfellte, Coelbren and Penderyn
- Historic Brecon – rivers and ramparts: Cathedral, canal, hillfort, Honddu and Usk
- The Black Mountain – Earth’s riches: Black Mountain Centre and the Black Mountain Quarries
- Classic Beacons: Mynydd Illtud, Glyn Tarell and the National Park Visitor Centre
- Looking for somewhere to stay in or around the Geopark? Take a look at the Brecon Beacons National Park accommodation pages.