The Geopark is managed by a partnership of many different bodies.
The partnership consists of representatives from the following organisations, authorities and businesses:
- Association of Bunkhouse Operators
- Brecknock Museum & Art Gallery (Powys County Council)
- Brecon Beacons National Park Authority
- Brecon Beacons Park Society
- Brecon Carreg
- British Geological Survey
- Cardiff University
- Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust*
- Dyfed Archaeological Trust*
- Earth Science Education Forum Wales
- Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust*
- National Stone Centre
- Natural Resources Wales
- Queen Mary’s College, London
- Tourism Partnership Wales
- University of Wales Swansea
- Welsh Stone Forum
- Representatives of individual tourism businesses
* Dyfed Archaeological Trust currently represents the two other archaeological trusts at meetings of the Geopark management group.
The management partnership’s aims are to promote, market and conserve the Geopark’s rich heritage and to ensure a standard of provision which will provide visitors to the Geopark with memorable and enjoyable experiences.
The Management Group generally meets three times a year to discuss matters of strategy and policy in respect of the Geopark.